Guide knowledge entry is perhaps some of the tedious and inefficient duties within the company world. Not solely does it put you to sleep, nevertheless it additionally wastes treasured time and assets, slashing your productiveness to bits.
In accordance with Zapier, 94% of staff carry out time-consuming, repetitive duties. Happily, there’s expertise that may automate these mind-numbing duties, eliminating human error and letting you deal with the work that really issues — workflow automation.
Workflow automation is the method of utilizing rule-based logic to launch a sequence of duties that run on their very own with none human intervention. After you identify the foundations and logic, automated workflows can ship emails, arrange reminders, schedule duties, set off drip campaigns, and extra — all with out anybody in your group touching a single button.
By leveraging self-operating processes that run guide duties, workflow automation will help your small business save money and time, diminish errors, and enhance productiveness.
Desk of Contents
How does workflow automation work?
Workflow automation usually depends on a sequence of if/then statements to set off one other job. It then branches off relying on the motion that was taken by a lead, worker, or one other stakeholder.
Let’s stroll by means of an instance workflow for turning a kind submission right into a deal alternative.
- An internet site customer submits a kind.
- The motion robotically enrolls the customer in a drip marketing campaign. It creates a brand new deal and units the standing to “New.”
- The primary electronic mail of the drip marketing campaign is shipped to the lead, requesting to schedule a gathering.
- The lead clicks by means of to the assembly scheduler and creates an appointment.
- A thanks electronic mail is shipped to the lead, confirming the date and time.
- The CRM creates a brand new job and assigns it to a gross sales rep.
- The gross sales rep then reaches out personally, ending the automated workflow.
Right here’s what a workflow can appear like from begin to end.
Nearly each division in your small business can profit from workflow automation. Whether or not it’s advertising, human assets, or finance, the expertise will help you’re employed smarter, not more durable.
Beneath, we’ll cowl a number of the hottest workflow automation examples.
Workflow Automation Examples
- Subscribing a person to a drip marketing campaign after they obtain a useful resource out of your web site.
- Putting every lead at a distinct stage of the pipeline after they take a sure motion.
- Creating a brand new ticket within the system when somebody reaches out by means of social media or electronic mail.
- Deleting duplicates as soon as they’ve been detected or merging two properties in the event that they’re the identical.
- Eradicating candidates from the database in the event that they’ve been inactive for a time frame.
- Taking an expense approval course of from begin to end.
Workflow automation can be utilized in just about any group and in any enterprise state of affairs. Whereas it’s principally associated to advertising and gross sales, it can be utilized in customer support, operations, human assets, and finance.
Advertising and marketing Workflow Automation
A number of the most repetitive duties in advertising, equivalent to sending emails and posting social media updates, may be automated with workflow automation. With marketing automation software, you possibly can schedule your complete social media calendar and arrange workflows that nurture sure sorts of prospects with electronic mail affords.
Automated workflows in advertising embrace:
- Subscribing a person to a drip marketing campaign after they obtain a useful resource out of your web site
- Welcoming a person to your organization after they buy a product
- Reminding a person to take a look at after they’ve added varied gadgets to their cart
- Scheduling social media posts throughout a number of platforms
- Distributing advertising duties throughout group members
Gross sales Workflow Automation
Gross sales workflow automation streamlines tedious lead and prospect administration duties, in order that reps can deal with promoting, not coming into knowledge. Except for taking leads robotically by means of the pipeline based mostly on their actions, an automatic gross sales workflow can enroll prospects in drip campaigns and replace deal phases because the deal strikes ahead.
Automated duties in gross sales embrace:
- Putting every lead at a distinct stage of the pipeline after they take a sure motion
- Shifting a lead out of the pipeline in the event that they’ve stopped responding to emails
- Sending an introduction electronic mail from a gross sales rep to a lead after they obtain an e-book
- Updating the deal stage as soon as the lead has scheduled an appointment or assembly
- Creating duties for gross sales reps as soon as a lead has scheduled a gathering
Buyer Service Workflow Automation
Workflow automation is extremely helpful in customer support. Except for launching surveys, workflow automation can handle tickets, instances, and customary questions by sending a sequence of emails or creating duties.
Automated duties in customer support embrace:
- Creating a brand new ticket within the system when somebody reaches out by means of social media or electronic mail
- Onboarding prospects with a sequence of useful emails
- Sending NPS® surveys and enrolling them into totally different electronic mail campaigns relying on their ranking
- Assigning tickets a precedence label relying on the tone of the message or electronic mail
- Resolving and archiving tickets as soon as a decision has been reached
Operations Workflow Automation
Operations is the lifeblood of any group, and it, too, may be automated to cut back cases of guide knowledge entry.
Automated duties in operations embrace:
- Deleting duplicates as soon as they’ve been detected or merging two properties in the event that they’re the identical
- Managing group permissions for brand spanking new group members
- Establishing priorities for various companies processes
- Robotically compiling stories on the finish of each quarter
- Creating duties in third-party instruments equivalent to Asana, Slack, or Zoom
Human Sources Workflow Automation
As an alternative of getting to manually enter all of your new hires’ private info — like addresses, social safety numbers, and different worker info into payroll, expense, and insurance coverage methods — HR automation software program can do it for you in minutes.
Automated duties in human assets embrace:
- Eradicating candidates from the database in the event that they’ve been inactive for a time frame
- Sending emails to candidates that haven’t made it to the ultimate spherical
- Filtering candidates with sure key phrases of their job historical past
- Sending W2s to present workers
- Gathering workers’ suggestions after they’ve been on the firm for a time frame
Finance Workflow Automation
By permitting you to construct kinds, design workflows, and observe processes, finance course of automation software program can streamline your entire journey requests, reimbursements, and funds approvals.
Automated duties in finance embrace:
- Taking an expense approval course of from begin to end
- Managing vendor and contract approvals
- Assigning priorities to ACH and wire requests
- Managing journey expense requests relying on location and exercise
- Approving budgets based mostly on a predetermined set of parameters
Now that you already know all the things about utilizing automated workflows, let’s check out the highest instruments you should use.
Greatest Workflow Automation Software program in 2022
1. HubSpot: Greatest All-in-One Workflow Automation Software program
HubSpot’s advertising, gross sales, service, and operations software program operates on a single platform, making it among the finest selections for all-in-one workflow automation. Every thing is linked collectively, permitting you to align your entire groups’ processes and lowering friction from job to job.
You’ll be able to simply hand leads from advertising to gross sales, join a service ticket with an current contact file, and clear up buyer knowledge — multi function user-friendly platform.
Greatest for: HubSpot is very beneficial for rising companies which have but to strive workflow automation and for enterprise companies with established processes. You’ll be able to start with a Starter subscription, then improve as you require extra functionalities. Particularly beneficial for advertising, gross sales, service, and operations departments.
Pricing for Advertising and marketing Hub: Free; $50/month (Starter); $890/month (Professional); $3,200/month (Enterprise)
Pricing for Gross sales Hub: Free; $50/month (Starter); $500/month (Professional); $1,200/month (Enterprise)
Pricing for Service Hub: Free; $50/month (Starter); $400/month (Professional); $1,200/month (Enterprise)
Pricing for Operations Hub: Free; $50/month (Starter); $800/month (Professional)
2. Nintex: Greatest Enterprise Workflow Automation Software program
With over 3 million workflow functions working on their platform proper now, Nintex helps greater than 8,000 enterprise prospects handle, automate, and optimize their enterprise processes, with no coding expertise required.
By providing a mess of workflow automation instruments — like course of mapping, superior workflows, and course of intelligence — your small business is ready to map out every of your processes, execute them, and monitor their efficiency.
Greatest for: Nintex is very beneficial for enterprise companies with established processes. It’s a strong software program that pairs a user-friendly workflow design device with highly effective integrations that may join each single considered one of your apps. Particularly beneficial for IT, regulation, HR, and finance departments.
3. Kissflow: Greatest Newbie-Pleasant Workflow Automation Software program
Trusted by over 10,000 firms, together with Domino’s, Michelin, and Pepsi, Kissflow affords an all-in-one workflow automation software program that lets your small business create workflows that automate duties in your human assets, gross sales, finance, administration, advertising, and buy departments.
With over 50 pre-installed enterprise course of administration apps — equivalent to expensing and gross sales orders, situations and triggers, and reporting dashboards on your workflows — Kissflow can streamline nearly all your small business processes.
Greatest for: Kissflow is very beneficial for small firms which might be simply now beginning to strive workflow automation. The device’s simplicity and person friendliness will make it simpler to start automating processes. Particularly beneficial for procurement, HR, and finance departments.
4. Integrify: Greatest On a regular basis Administration Workflow Automation Software program
Integrify is a workflow automation software program that allows you to construct workflows in a drag-and-drop builder and run parallel or sequential flows. By having the ability to collaborate on duties and requests, check your processes, and arrange reminders, you possibly can simply streamline your small business processes and automate guide duties.
Integrify additionally affords workflow examples and a person data base, a rest-based open API that lets you combine with exterior databases, and the flexibility to import and export knowledge from Excel and even PDFs.
Greatest for: Integrify is very beneficial for small-to-medium companies that want to automate on a regular basis duties. Its drag-and-drop “Course of Builder” makes it easy and simple to take a course of from begin to completion. Particularly beneficial for administration departments.
Pricing: Pricing accessible upon request
5. Zapier: Greatest Workflow Automation Software program for Connecting Apps
With the flexibility to connect with and share knowledge with over 1,000 internet apps, like Fb, QuickBooks, and Google Drive, Zapier can automate nearly any kind of enterprise course of. All you need to do is construct a workflow of their editor, decide the apps you wish to embrace in your workflow, and design it.
For instance, if you need to have the ability to save all of your attachments in Dropbox, you possibly can design a workflow that robotically copies any attachment out of your Gmail inbox to Dropbox after which sends you a Slack message concerning the obtain.
Greatest for: Zapier is very beneficial for freelancers and small-to-medium companies that use all kinds of instruments that aren’t speaking with one another. For example, if you happen to’re utilizing MailChimp to ship emails and Typeform to gather leads, you could possibly join these two instruments utilizing Zapier. Particularly beneficial for advertising and repair departments.
6. Flokzu: Greatest Venture Administration Workflow Automation Software program
With out writing any code, Flokzu lets you create duties, deadlines, enterprise guidelines, and notifications. Their software program additionally sends pending duties to every of your challenge’s assignees’ inboxes, and as every stage of a workflow is full, it’ll robotically assign every new job to a person or position.
Moreover, Flozku affords a reporting dashboard that shows your small business processes’
efficiency and metrics, like the quantity of at present delayed duties there are, duties assigned to every person and position, duties accomplished, and the time every job took, which will provide you with the required knowledge to refine and optimize your future workflows.
Greatest for: Flokzu is very beneficial for particular person groups that wish to optimize their time administration and job workflow. A key function of this device is that customers will obtain pending duties of their inbox, making it a superb challenge administration device. Beneficial for any group.
Workflow Automation Will Assist You Develop Higher
Workflow automation is essential for companies that wish to scale and develop with out letting something fall by means of the cracks. By letting expertise full guide duties, you possibly can successfully develop your small business with none rising pains.
Editor’s observe: This put up was initially revealed in January 2019 and has been up to date for comprehensiveness.